Thursday, January 17, 2008

West Coast Tour Blog, Day 9

Viva Las Vegas. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Vegas, baby, Vegas. And so forth. It wasn't easy mustering up the energy needed to do Vegas right on the last night of our tour. Steve resorted to smoking Red Bull right out of the can.

Photobucket

Along the way we stopped off to visit the Calico ghost town.

Photobucket

We made a bunch of new friends, but you can't see them.

Photobucket

Eventually we made it to Vegas, the Disneyland for delinquents.

Photobucket

We set up at Zia Records and played our final show of the tour. I couldn't bear the thought of donning the Elvis suit again, as it was most likely toxic and a public safety hazard at that point. It was all very anti-climactic. At first, Steve's red-bull-induced sugar rush gave the band lots of energy and had us all rocking pretty hard.

Photobucket

At one point, Steven even stood up and busted out a ten minute drum solo...

Photobucket

...but he crashed soon after.

Photobucket

A 14 year old girl bought our cd, and that made me happy.

Photobucket

Then the show was over, and our tour had come to an end, rock-wise. We all punched the sky and took a bow.

Photobucket

But the tour hadn't come to an end party-wise. We hit the strip and decided to put all the money we had made on tour (roughly $35,000) on black.

Photobucket

Naturally, we lost. I was pretty upset. Beams of light shot out of my head.

Photobucket

I gambled some more, and lost. At everything. Slots. Blackjack. Roulette. Craps. You name it, I lost at it. I lost so much, I didn't even have enough money left to chip in for the hookers and blow, so I went back to our hotel room and fell asleep.

No comments: